DCRdesign Online Studio and Gallery

Infiniti Crow has been designed to announce new artwork and greeting cards by Diana Campbell-Rice.

As the blog grows, we will introduce new aspects, such as a newsletter, events, exhibits and links to interesting art and education.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Abstracts - Organic Zen

Watercolor, Pen, Ink, Layering and Texturing

Organic, Organic Zen, Diana Campbell Rice, 5x7 card or larger print

   In one of my posts I promised to add artwork I created recently using non-traditional techniques.  This set, Organic Zen, features depth of watercolor through layering and the use of clayboard scratching tools.  I love the depth of color and textural touches.  You can also see my love of detail with pen and ink additions in some of the pieces to complete the design.  I encourage you to try the scratching tools in your own work.  I was happy with the results after a bit of experimenting.  Good luck!

Kiss, Organic Zen, Diana Campbell Rice, 5x7 card or larger print





Rice Agency photographs all my work and provides the digitization for print. I am very pleased with all the finished products, but in this group, it was especially difficult to capture the texturing.  Great job by Rice Agency.  The images turned out very nicely and will have great impact as fine art note cards on white, glossy, premium cover stock.  This particular set, Organic Zen, is also suitable for 6 x 8 in. prints.


I have included two images of the six cards in this set.  They are very dramatic as note cards and certainly out of the ordinary.  The set will be available soon through my website, dcrdesign.us    

No comments:

Post a Comment