DCRdesign Online Studio and Gallery

Infiniti Crow has been designed to announce new artwork and greeting cards by Diana Campbell-Rice.

As the blog grows, we will introduce new aspects, such as a newsletter, events, exhibits and links to interesting art and education.



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Texture/Splatter -- Yes, in watercolor!

For the love of trees
Forest Sunset, Organic Zen, Diana Campbell Rice
6.5 x 7.5
I love trees.  I love the movement of trees.  In this abstract, titled Forest Sunset, I wanted to capture that movement without putting it into an actual drawing of a tree. My goal was to emphasize the feeling of the forest at sunset -- looking out through the trees. The techniques I used worked out well. 

In this watercolor, pen and ink painting, I used a soft toothbrush dipped in the paint to cause the splatter and movement -- layering the splatter through each paint and dry cycle.   

I layered paint and splatters and used my favorite scratching tools to add texture and more movement -- again through each cycle.  The sunset is representational with the orange lines and tiny circles.  As a finishing touch I added the tiny orange squares.

Forest Sunset, is part of my newest line of greeting cards and small prints, Organic Zen, coming soon to my website http://www.dcrdesign.us/

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
- Scott Adams 

Here's to creativity,
DCR

No comments:

Post a Comment